With the weather teasing us with days of sun mixed with rain and snow, we decided it’s the perfect time to share our 5 must-have items to transition your wardrobe from Winter to Spring! These pieces when styled right are sure to keep you cool in the sun but when layered up will keep you cosy in the cold snap.
Our best tip is to keep it basic, when carefully selecting pieces for your trans-seasonal capsule we highly recommend keeping it simple so you have a solid base to style off. We recommend choosing timeless silhouettes and colours that you can wear from season to season, year to year, to pair with your favourite statement pieces for Spring!
Discover below our favourite pieces always circulating in our wardrobes from season-to-season:
1. Blazers: the perfect Spring outfit topper
From business casual to coffee runs and errand days, blazers are the perfect garment to polish off any Spring look. Heading into spring blazers make the perfect layering piece to keep you warm on the cooler days! Discover below how we've styled our favourite off-duty look with the Mason Blazer from Ivy + Jack.
1. Mason Blazer, Ivy + Jack 2. Time Out Tee, Among The Brave 3. Emma Jean, Pulz Jeans 4. Luna Bag, rey, the label 5. Clover Earrings, Murkani Jewellery 6.Goldie Sunglasses, Isle of Eden 7. 2843 Club S Sneaker, Superga
2. Midi Skirt: the best foundation garment for spring
With a simple silhouette, midi skirts are our go-to for building the perfect spring outfit. Firstly, there's a style of midi skirt for any body shape but regardless of the style, there is always an effortless elegance when creating an outfit with a midi skirt. For those Spring days where it's warm but still has a bite of chill in the air we love pairing a simple midi with a knit and sneakers, layer on the jewellery and you've got an outfit that can take you from the office straight into the weekend.
1. Esther Cardigan, Among The Brave 2. Sahara Necklace, Murkani Jewellery 3. Villain Sunglasses, Status Anxiety 4. Beatrice Bag, Saben 5. Nomad Earrings, Pilgrim 6. Ivy Skirt, Ivy + Jack 7. 2850 Seattle 3 Sneaker, Superga
3. The White Shirt: Our favourite layering piece
The plain white shirt doesn't need any introduction, it's a timeless classic we all love and the perfect layering piece for all colour palettes. Here at Flo & Frankie we always tend to size up on our white shirts so we can get more of the baggy boyfriend fit while still wearing an extremely flattering shirt. Below we've styled the Ultimate Shirt as part of a classic Spring fit for us here at Flo & Frankie!
1. Ultimate Shirt, Among The Brave 2. Time Out Tee, Among The Brave 3. Effortless Pant, Among The Brave 4. Check Straw Bag, Brie Leon 5. Xray Sunglasses, Reality Eyewear 6. Chain Reaction Necklace, Ania Haie 7. Coast Crossover Slide, Sol Sana
4. The Slip Dress: Our foundation piece for warmer days
For those warmer Spring days, we always find ourselves reaching for a classic slip dress. Whether you're a maximalist or minimalist, this dress is easy to style, pair it with sneakers and a blazer for a business casual look. If you love wearing patterns or want to start incorporating some into your wardrobe, we've styled Moonlight Slip Dress in Animal for you below.
1. Harper Blazer, Ivy + Jack 2. Moonlight Slip Dress, Among The Brave 3. Claudette Bag, Saben 4. Pera Earrings, Brie Leon 5. Resumption Sunglasses, Le Specs 6. 4089 Trainers, Superga
5. The Shoe: Add a spring to your step with these latest styles of slides and heels
Here at Flo & Frankie, we adore Spring footwear! From new sandals and slides to the perfect heel to take you from the office to after-work drinks this latest drop from Sol Sana will give a spring to your step on the warmer days!
1. Coast Crossover Slide, Black, Sol Sana
2. Coast Crossover Slide, White, Sol Sana
4. Mika Buckle Slide, Sol Sana
5. Matisse Neutral Heel, Sol Sana