We're sharing one of our favourite recipes from Hill St Wholefoods, which you can use if you want to jazz up their mix. Made using the Hill St Wholefoods Banana Bread mix as a base, this Pear & Ginger loaf will quickly become your new favourite loaf. Enjoy with a cuppa in the afternoon or accompanied with ice cream for a crowd pleasing dessert.
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
Pear & Ginger Loaf
- 1 Hill St Banana Bread mix
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe pears grated (approx 300g) + 1 extra to decorate
- 70g pitted dates or date paste
- 1/4 cup boiling water
Salted Caramel Drizzle
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan bake. In a bowl add in the Hill St Banana Loaf mix, ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Gently mix together with a wooden spoon.
- In another small bowl soak the dates in 1/4 cup of boiling water for 5 mins. Transfer soaked dates and water to a blender and blitz to make a puree.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and melted oil together. Add in the grated pear and date puree. Mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and transfer to a lined loaf tin. Top with sliced pear.
- Bake for 45-55 mins. The knife should come out clean.
- To make the salted tahini caramel drizzle, add the coconut sugar, tahini, coconut cream and sea salt to a blender. Blend into a smooth, thick caramel sauce.
- Pour over the loaf and enjoy!